Sunday, April 4, 2010

Welcome to the Future







I would like to welcome you to my blog and thank you for stopping by.

This blog comes from a strong drive within me to reach out to women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. If you are in treatment now or have been in the past I welcome you here to express your feelings, concerns and really anything you wish to communicate.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer March 9th, 2008. I went through a lumpectomy, radiation, chemotherapy and Herceptin treatments. My treatment was finished October 9th, 2009.

In going through this most difficult journey alone I teetered somewhere between feeling that the cancer was my worst enemy to it becoming my greatest friend. The range of emotions I went through rocked me to my very foundation. Nothing was the same, everything and everyone I had come to rely on had changed. Somewhere in the middle of this difficult time I realized that this experiece was a most precious gift, and had been given to me to open my mind and to reach an understanding of all the parts of myself I had glossed over for so long.

In going through my own introspection and spending endless hours in treatment I observed so many women who did not have an outlet to either express their feelings or have the opportunity to have a real connection with another woman who truly understands. A woman who had been in that same position of uncertainty and fear.

This experience has become the driving force for my starting what I hope will become a national foundation that will comfort and assist women going through this devastating diagnosis and treatment.

So Take My Hand and come along with me. Together we can open the hearts and minds of the world.

Celeste




No comments:

Post a Comment