Friday, April 30, 2010

Privacy and Conviction










Privacy and Conviction an interesting combination of words, sometimes
one has to sacrifice their privacy because of their conviction. I find it so liberating to just say it, tell it as it really is and let the world know what I truly feel.

One of the most important things for me during this last two years has been to be totally honest with others and with myself. To let others know that this journey I have found myself on has been a combination of so many different emotions, physical discomfort and struggles both personal and public.

In saying all this I want you to know every bit of this has been a gift. A treasure that I would never have discovered had I not been thrust into this pool and expected to swim. Each day is an adventure and while not always easy certainly interesting. I have become more and more outspoken and much more protective of myself and others.

I think it is important to speak up and let others know you are uncomfortable. Physically or emotionally it makes no difference, one can be as debilitating as the other. When I have been emotionally upset it was harder for me than the physical stuff. When we go through difficult periods in our lives it is important to guard our emotional well being.

By standing up and speaking out about things we have a strong belief in it allows us to release that which constrains our hearts. Illness of any kind but especially chronic illness seems to have us bury our feelings and not allow us the courage of our conviction. Unless we make a conscious effort to move away from the veil of privacy into the public arena and let others know we have strong beliefs there are many out there who feel they are not allowed this freedom and privilege.


Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment