Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Inspiration











I am continually inspired by the strong women I have
encountered on my journey. They have become my role models and teach me everyday by their well lived lives. Cancer for them is merely a blip in their screen that only spurs them on to greater achievements.

For me it has been important to remember cancer is only a part of who I am. I think sometimes we can become defined by an incident or take on the persona of someone set apart from others. I think that most of us especially at times like this want to be viewed and treated as we always were. Cancer does not always render one helpless, unable to do things for themselves.

When I think that one in eight women will develop breast cancer I am reminded that this life is a serious quest. That we are here to experience our life's lessons and to lend a hand to those who for whatever reason have become disadvantaged.

I feel that the sharing of our information and experiences allows for a rich exchange with others. A smile, a hand over the proverbial mud puddle or taking time to listen to another can change a life. When we truly listen with our heart we cannot help but give genuine comfort.

Celeste










No comments:

Post a Comment