Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fortunate







The last few days I have been feeling particularly fortunate for what many might call a run of bad luck. The lessons I have learned are more and more evident every day. As I pull out of the ravages of cancer I see life so much more clearly. I enjoy everything I do so much more. I appreciate my friends and their caring natures. I understand so much more my role in this world and that my responsibility to help others is greater than it has ever been.


Today a dear friend came by and brought me one of my coveted cinnamon lattes . We spent a wonderful couple of hours talking about the future. When one has had a brush with that devil they call cancer they spend much of their time floating through an odyssey not to their liking. For me personally I don't think my feet touched the ground through the whole experience. I grabbed hold of the lifeline they offered, closed my eyes and hoped I would come out the other side, and I did.


I have now opened my eyes to a wonderful new life where I have no limitations. My possibilities are endless and because I have stared that devil straight in the eye I do not fear cancer any longer. Cancer is a mutation of cells that's all. I won't allow it to rob me of my dreams and aspirations. While I respect its fierceness I will not give it my emotional and creative energy.


As long as I remain vigilant with my care and vigilant with my heart there is nothing that can stop me from being the person I have been striving to be all my life. I understand now that what gets in our way is ourselves.


Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment